Code & Approval Manager
What's the role?
The purpose of the overall code work is to create the basis for potential innovation and differentiation. The Codes/Approval Manager is responsible for developing code and approval strategy and its implementation for the F&P Business area. She/he should obtain memberships of selected code committees, engineering associations and manufacturer associations to contribute Hilti’s expertise. When necessary, she/he should also work with external consultants in order to influence codes to higher standard therefore benefiting Hilti’s business.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Develop and implement code strategy in the MO incoordination/ alignment with the HUB and BU. The strategy should cover approach for Government Ministries, Design Institutes and other groups involved in the approval, design and specification process.
Build high-level relationship and network with the selected code influencers and code officials at predetermined ministries and organizations. Develop relationships with key officials/influencers and foster a good relationship with HUB. Active guide/assist the Ministries in providing technical support to the Government agencies/code committee by developing standards and specifications for the construction industry.
Actively research competitors’ technical information. Provide useful, concise marketing and technical intelligence to Field Engineers.
Work closely with HUB/ Hilti Head Quarter on product development, regulatory trends and strategies in MO. Implement the agreed upon strategic objectives as defined by MO and the respective BUs. Able to generate pro-active solutions to safeguard Hilti’s business.
Maintain close contact with key engineering firms and industry standards/regulatory bodies to keep current of any changes in product technical requirements. e.g. attending committee annual meeting.
Develop code/approval training program and be responsible for proper implementation. Support sales team on key seminars.
What do we offer?
You will have at your disposal all the necessary tools to obtain outstanding results: supporting team, training possibilities, and a unique network in the company. The possibilities to prove yourself through roles that will carry increased responsibility will be there and you will grow professionally through constant contact with the professionals from the sector.
Why should you apply?
If you are passionate about innovations and product differentiation; if you want to grow and at the same time have a positive influence on building a sustainable future and if you are looking for a fantastic and future-oriented environment with exciting technological aspects and perspective, this is the perfect step to continue your career in an international company.
What you need is:
- University degree – Engineering (Civil) or above, post graduate/MBA is preferred; majoring in civil, structure or mechanical engineering is an advantage.
- Excellent in excel, PowerPoint, word etc MS-office software application, knowledge of Auto-CAD is a plus.
- 3 years experience working with relevant public authorities and ministries in the areas of national code and testing standards.
- Professional Civil/Engineering knowledge, Skill & experience.
- Detailed oriented and good organizational skills are required (patience to study technical details).
- Good presentation skills.
- Governmental background is a strong plus.
- Understand the business model and the business needs in order to link code and approval activities closely with business needs.
- Ability to identify the issue and analyze the situation to establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal.
- Working effectively with team to accomplish organizational goals.
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals. Able to develop both measurable short-term wins and long-term targets.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”