IT Onsite Support Specialist
What's the role?
We are looking for an open-minded, communicative and technically competent and trained IT support specialist to strengthen our support team, which offers our employees competent advice on various IT topics.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Your key responsibilities include provide support for our Southern Europe employees for the entire landscape of IT services including hardware, digital workplace, systems and applications, equipment, etc. and to follow established processes in managing incidents and service requests throughout their lifecycle.
In your role you are responsible to install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and manage asset inventories of all end-user devices.
In your role, you are responsible to help in the development of the service desk team in technical skills and you will have the opportunity to execute the most diverse IT projects.
Additionally, you are responsible to document guidelines, procedures and other knowledge articles.
Delivering IT services and implementing IT systems in the areas of 1st level IT infrastructure and user support ("Onsite IT Support"). This takes into account the global IT system requirements and IT standards.
Coordination with the global IT engineering teams to ensure the appropriate use of technologies and standards in the development, implementation and support of IT systems and their consistency within the Hilti global IT environment.
- IT support for all Microsoft Office applications, PC systems and their peripherals for all users in sales, development, logistics and production companies within the region
- IT support for Citrix Terminal Server / Citrix Clients
- IT Support for Smartphones
- IT Support for RF scanner
- Analysis and documentation of service interruptions, problems and change requests
- Network support for IP telephony, TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS and print servers
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting for print servers and network printers, IP telephones and WLAN access points
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation and training documents
- Collaboration in IT projects
- Coordination of external IT service providers
- Independent compliance with all relevant regulations and company agreements
What do we offer?
You will have at your disposal all the necessary tools to obtain outstanding results: cutting edge software, coaching, training, and a unique network in the company. The possibilities to show your competencies through roles that will carry increased responsibility will be there and you will grow professionally through constant contact with the professionals from the sector.
Why should you apply?
Your service orientation attitude, open-mindedness, teamwork, courage and commitment will fit our team perfectly. If you enjoy working in an international team and love challenges, we look forward to receiving your application. You can expect flexible working conditions and exciting tasks.
What you need is:
- Completed IT education or technical vocational training with further education in the field of computer science
- A minimum of 5 years’ IT experience, preferably in a similar support role incl. experience in customer contact
- Mother tongue Italian and business fluency in English (oral and written)
- Teamwork and resilience
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite/ Office 365, Skype for Business
- Familiarity with video conferencing and other audio/video equipment and technologies
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting of networked devices (laptops, tablets, mobile phones, printers, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry standard service desk processes and procedures, preferable knowledge handling ServiceNow
- Experience building up and managing the whole HW lifecycle, incl. CMDB management
- Intercultural skills
- Sound knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN / WWAN / VPN, Active Directory, SCCM software distribution, Incident Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Experience with Remote Support Tools
- Understanding of IT processes according to ITIL
- High team and customer orientation
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to learn
- Analytical and structured approach
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
If we’re impressed with your CV, we’ll invite you for an interview, introduce you to the team and company.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”